Poor man got Bobbitized!!!!!

I was reading today's TOI (Times of India) when this article on the 3rd page, caught my attention :

BOBBITISED MAN SPEAKS OUT

‘I did nothing to provoke her’ Bangalore: Mir Arshad Ali, who was recently in the news for being bobbitised by his lover, narrated his side of the story to the media on Thursday. He was admitted to hospital in a critical condition on November 29, after his lover Sayeeda Amina bobbitised him at her clinic. He is now out of danger.
Ali says he had done nothing to provoke the lady to take such a step. A general physician, Ali specializes in pain therapy and is practicing in Mysore. He had known Amina for eight years, before he married another woman. He said he was in love with Amina and had pleaded with her for marriage for almost a year, but she had refused.
Later, Amina, who also knew Ali’s wife, convinced her that she needed Ali to come to her clinic for some medical help. Ali refused to disclose what medical help she required. On November 29, when he reached the clinic in Koramangala, she offered him juice. “It tasted a little different. The pack was ready with the straw. She did not let me open it myself. I became unconscious. When I regained consciousness, I pleaded with her to take me to a hospital,” he said. Amina got him admitted to hospital, but is absconding since then. “I have filed a case against her. It is not just the physical pain but also social stigma I have to live with now. My family is supporting me,” he added.
According to him, it will take three more weeks for the wound to heal. However, chances of full recovery are bleak. The instrument used could have been a scalpel, he says.

Source :Times Of India


When the whole country is still recovering from the aftermath of the Mumbai attack this is what we get to read. What has the world come to????? hello!!!! Bizarre .....

Worse the reporter writing the article should at least know what he is writing an article on.... How do they expect the readers to know the meaning? or did they think we would actually remember an old case and the meaning associated with it? We actually don't carry our pocket dictionaries around you know....

I know... I know some of you'll might still not understand the meaning of the term 'bobbitise'... even i was in the same situation and had to Wikipedia the word...

The word comes from the famous incident in 1993 when Lorena Bobbit cut off her husband John Wayne Bobbit 's penis with a kitchen-knife and threw the member out the window of her car.

For more info on this story click on the link below....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbitise

Comments

  1. I actually googled the word to know the meaning. As I remembered reading the article and later never got the time to search the meaning of the new word. The above piece of information was good, and also painful! For no reason a human being should another human being. Then there would be no difference between we as humans and animals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DAMN YOU!!!

Kurbaan - my take